Why would you keep so many different user accounts if you don’t even use them? It’s time to make your lock screen look clean again!
How to delete a user account in Mac OS X
- First click on the Apple menu and then click “System Preferences”
- Click “Users & Groups”
- Click on the lock and then enter your password to make changes
- Now select the user account you want to delete and then press the minus button to remove it
- You’ll get three different options before deleting the user account:
- Delete user account but save the home folder to a disk image
- Delete user account but keep the user home folder in /Users directory and Delete user account
- Delete the home folder (optionally, choose to erase home folder securely) – this completely removes the user account and that users files and apps from the Mac.
- Choose the appropriate one and click on Delete User to delete the user account from Mac OS X
That’s it, now the unnecessary account is gone.