OS X Sierra is finally coming this fall and Apple is releasing an early beta software so that developers can begin developing their apps for when the full version launches to the public.
It is important to keep in mind that while betas have new features, they also contain a lot of bugs that can affect the normal use of your iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, Apple TV or Mac. This version is not meant for everyday use.
Installing OS X Sierra Beta
First, you must ensure that your Time Machine Backup is up-to-date.
Then do the following:
- Visit this website
- Click on “Downloads”
- Log in with your developer account
- Click on the “Download” button for OS X 10.12 beta 2. The Apple Store will then launch.
- Sign in with your developer account
- Click “Redeem” to download the software
- Once Sierra finishes downloading, you’ll be prompted to install it
- Click on Continue
- Agree to the terms and conditions
- Click on Install
- Follow the instructions
- Your Mac will now reboot to install OS X Sierra
- Once it reboots, you’ll be set up with OS X Sierra
- Click “Continue”
- Sign in with your Apple ID and password so iCloud can sync your files
- Click on “Get Started”
You can now enjoy the beta version of OS X Sierra (10.12)!