It’s that the Safari’s adblockers are very poorly developed, especially if you’ve used other adblockers like uBlock on different browsers.
The good news is that you can now download it for Safari!
How to download and install uBlock
- Download uBlock.safariextz (latest release)
- Open the downloaded extension
- In Safari’s popup, click Trust
For now, when installing manually, updates will not show up in Safari’s extensions panel. Therefore, you will have to repeat this process to update. For some users, updating manually is actually an advantage because:
- You can update when you want
- If ever a new version is buggy, you can easily just re-install the previous one